AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*********Weigh Ins For 2/10/13 To 2/16/13********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 2/10/2013 09:57 (#2887965)
Subject: *********Weigh Ins For 2/10/13 To 2/16/13********

Cough, sniff, cough, sniff, oh might as well at a fart in there too. Started out the week really well, feeling good. Had three days in a row with walking 9 plus miles a day. I thought this was going to be a good weigh in week for me. Then this cold set in and when I get the sinus drainage I have to have something in my mouth to eat in order for the sinus crap to go down. So I ended up eating more then I should have and the last few days, no exercise either. So I gained a pound this week. But I put Vicks on the bottom of my feet and rubbed it in and some Vicks in each nostril last night and I slept all night. So hopefully I am on the upward mend here and can get back to normal and working out.

What I am really proud of is Dave. He has been doing so well with smaller portions and he is exercising more. More walks for him which is so unlike him. Use to be, he would rather ride his Polaris RZR then go for a walk, and now he will go for walks with me and he does the walking DVD in the mornings. It is paying off as he lost 2.2 pounds this week. So good work Dave, maybe by the time we get back home you will get to your doctors goal of being under 200. then it will be your turn to get all new clothes.

So how are you all doing? What is hard for you? Are you a closet eater? Do you eat when nobody is looking so you think those calories don't count. When I was at my highest weight, (120 pounds more) many years ago when my kids were little, I use to hide my favorite treats, "Little Debbies" in the electric frying pan that had a cover on it. Nobody looked in there. Needless to say the name of that little creamed filled chocolate cake roll, did not live up to it's name. Those Little Debbies turned into one big Debbie. So what I am saying we are not fooling anyone if we sneak food. It will be there looking us right in the eyes when we step on the scale.

Another thing is watch where you are eating. I think women or the person that does most of the food preparation has more problems. We are in the kitchen more and all the BLT's really do add up. That is Bites, Licks and Tastes that we do while we are preparing food for the family. Do you mindlessly eat while watching tv? That is a hard one. When eating something, pay attention to it. Enjoy each mouthful of it. I have a big problem with eating too fast. Dave tells me that all the time. So try to slow down while eating.

Well, hope you had a good week and can report a loss here, if not, it is a start to a new week and we will try again. Good luck to you.

Edited by dairymanswife 2/10/2013 09:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)