AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Networking machines...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 12/2/2007 18:45 (#251229)
Subject: Networking machines...

There was a discusssion on here quite some time ago about having computers networked, and not all machines seeing other machines.   I'm in that situation this weekend.  

I'm setting up new computers for the team, and because the guys work from home, they want to be configured as part of the MapShots workgroup, rather than as part of the MapShots domain we run in our office.    When they come to the office, they can still hit our main servers, printers, etc... so didn't seem like a problem.

I have set these new machines up as part of a work group.   And basically, I've got a four machine conundrum:    Machines A and B are on the domain... one is a domain server.   I can see both of those machines with machines C and D... which are the workgroup machines.   But, right now, C and D see each other in network neighborhood, but can't see each others shared drives when I click on the machine to expand it.    On Friday, C could see and work with folders on D, but D couldn't work with folders on C.

So, for now, I copy from C to B, and then from B to D.   What a pain.

Can someone remind me what the resolution was to this situation?

Oh... A, B, and C are XP Pro.  D is Vista Business (what a mistake).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)