AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Black angus vs. Red Angus???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 1/9/2013 21:39 (#2811661)
Subject: Black angus vs. Red Angus???

I am looking to expand my herd as I took on some more grass for the summer. I currently have all red cattle, cows are red angus or red angus/simm cross. Love those red cows! But like I said I am in the market for more, and its hard to find red cattle, or sat least quality ones that fit my program. I've had a chance to buy some and wish I would have pulled the trigger, but have held out because I don't have enough feed for the winter to support the increase. Got a reputable friend that sells heifers and he had some red ones for sale and said they went shortly after he posted them. Other guys with reds have said the same thing, and those red cows are bringing more at the cow sales, too, out of my price range! Anyway, my buddy has some good quality blacks for sale and I'm thinking about buying. My question for you guys with more experience is, is there much of a difference disposition wise. My red cows are tame, friendly, and good mothers. The black cattle I was around as a kid were snotty and fence jumpers. Now I realize that their upbringing and the way the owners handle them plays a big part, but is there a big difference, or again is it the environment?

Also, what other differences can I expect?

Edited by GregChuckles 1/9/2013 21:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)