AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pen Size?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wn924
Posted 1/9/2013 20:25 (#2811412)
Subject: Pen Size?

Wellington, MO
Looking for some help from the experts out there. I know this may open up the proverbial hoopbarn debate, and that's ok. What I am looking for is some suggestions on what size/head count of pens to go with. I am a very indecisive person and like to keep my options open. I am leaning towards putting up a short hoop (120'-150') and possibly putting my working facilities inside. I am intending to finish out in the hoop but would like to be able to also background if the economics dictate. Figured 40 hd pens for finishing but would that hurt me only taking 40 hd of heavy feeders to the sale barn? How many feet should I leave for the working area? Might be better to leave the chute outside? Have to rebuild my loadout anyway so might just combine the tub/alleyway with the loading chute. Wish I could figure out how to post an overhead drawing of my site. I like any feedback I can get. Sometimes have trouble thinking outside the box. Any suggestions/questions/pictures/drawings would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Craig
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)