AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feedwagon questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 1/6/2013 14:56 (#2803150)
Subject: Feedwagon questions

Saronville NE
Have an older Oswalt 3 auger feedwagon, spent a fairly large wad on it this fall vs updating, new liner, whole new unload system shafts, bearings, chains and sprockets, beefed up the hyd drive motor mounts that drive the converyor chain that was always giving us fits, new flighting on 1 auger that was getting flat, some new bearings, new chains in the oil bath. Ok, then had to rebuild the double sprocket,and shaft it mounts too 2 weeks ago. Ok today just got done spending hr and a half scooping off 3k lbs of WDG and silage, cause the stub shaft broke on the bottom auger. I noticed when pitchforking that out how tight that packs in there, I mean it was like pitching silage outa the silage pile, really tight. We used to be real high hay ration and always had alot of promblems with augers and such, now feeding real high silage and WDG ration, so wet and heavy and seem to be having alot of driveline promblems and breaking chains.

So is it cause its a 3 auger mixer not a 4? Or on the wet rations is the reel wagon a better deal? Have spent alot of money on this wagon this season allready, just thinking ahead since doubling up what we are going to be feeding next year, will pry update, if I stay with this wet ration is a 4 auger wagon better or a reel mixer better?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)