AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another thought on the gun issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Skipper
Posted 12/19/2012 21:47 (#2762807)
Subject: Another thought on the gun issue

I believe EVERY INDIVIDUAL should have mandatory firearms training at an early age. If proper respect is drilled into young impressionable minds BEFORE they get desensitized by TV and video games possibly that knowledge would overide later influences.

My very first encounter in handling a firearm was by a VERY safety oriented fella and to this day (some 60 years later) I will NEVER point a gun in the general direction of a person even empty with the action open. And I said "general direction" much less likely AT an individual. I'm not even comfortable looking down the barrel end when cleaning one........and , no I'm not overly carefull or cautious in other situations.

Also on first encounter if the "student" was educated to great lengths BEFORE ever actually experienceing the operation of one and yes they should get to shoot one AFTER extensive , responsible education. This could possibly stop many "accidental" shootings.

Our small community had a young person killed by another young family member just showing his buddy the firearm.

Another aquantice accidentally shot and killed his wife with a borrowed gun to turkey hunt with. He knew nothing about gun safety and loaner apparantly knew nothing either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)