AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have SF2 wander a lot Saturday afternoon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 11/17/2007 20:10 (#240076)
Subject: Anyone else have SF2 wander a lot Saturday afternoon

We've got our 2600 units on tractors running rippers this fall just because it makes it so much nicer when you can skip 2 or 3 passes instead of trying to turn in so tight. We're running sf2 with them. Normally the only difference we see with AB lines is when we come back after being gone for a day or two and normally they are not off more than 8 or 10 inches.

This afternoon I went back to a field where the ripper had been on Thursday, had to move the line over about 8 inches. Started across the field taking one swath, skipping two etc. In about 20 minutes I headed back across where I'd been before. I found it was off about 30" because the ripper was set up on 30" centers and the one shank was almost perfectly running in the track from the first pass. I corrected it and before I got to the other side of my skips it was off again. This time about 15 inches.

Late this evening I moved to a new farm and laid out a new AB line. Again after just 2 or 3 rounds and then going back I noticed that it was off. Went back to the line where I started it just about an hour prior and found it was off 26 inches.

I'm on sloping ground and earlier today when it first got off I recalibrated the Tilt compensation just in case that was the problem. The 2600 shows I've got a good signal and full 3d. The green bar is 100%. I did not try to look at the details of all the satellites because I don't know what I'm seeing if I do.

Anyone else have any problems or is this something we're doing? My Dad was running the other tractor, but probably would not have noticed if it got off any (he does good just to run it after we've set it) and he quit early to go see my Mom in the nursing home so I don't know if the other tractor was doing the same or not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)