AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walmart's Bluebird
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

judythe
Posted 11/19/2012 17:58 (#2706208)
Subject: Walmart's Bluebird

Mechanicville, NY

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this new thing Walmart/American Express have come out with. It appears to be, as far as I can tell, a prepaid card "thing" with almost no fees.

I have been looking for something like that to try as I have lost any trust at all for banks:  in August someone hacked into my checking account and took most of the money in it.  I was appalled and devastated. It took until this week for the bank and police and I don't know who else to "investigate". I was told it is now safe to use my account again but I highly doubt it. I have no idea if I will ever see my money again. I doubt that too. Right now I don't trust any bank and since August I have used only cash to pay bills and everyday expenses. It has been a little inconvenient at times but I must say I have not minded it much.

However, there are things that I would like a card for and I avoid credit cards like the plague. That is why I thought a prepaid card that I control and a bank doesn't and no one else has access to might be a good idea. This Bluebird thing might fit the bill. 

I would appreciate some feed back on this idea and please, no sarcasm. I know, I am no fun at all ;) Thank you all in advance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)