AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FarmWorld Article
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 11/1/2012 12:26 (#2672402)
Subject: FarmWorld Article

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
I know many on this board receive a publication called FarmWorld out of Knightstown In..

How many of you read the article on the front page "Planned 2013 environmental rules pending" by Susan Blower. I apologize to those that don't get the paper, I tried and can't find it online to get a link.

The article quotes Senator from Okla. James Inhofe in saying "federal EPA regulations will likely cover green house gas, ozone, hydraulic fracturing, nutrients in water, sulfur in gasoline, coal ash, farm dust, oil and gas spills on farms and ranches".

He goes on to say "the economic impact of these regulations and the toll on the number of jobs as some coal plants and businesses close will likely be greater than the U.S. national debt". Some have said Obama and the EPA are waiting till the election is over because of economic impact and controversial nature of these regulations.

The Obama administration has refused to issue a published regulatory plan, which is required by law every six months, when it has been requested in writing by Sen. Inhofe.

Does a second term of Obama scare anyone as much as it does me? Aren't these the very things Obama said he wanted when he was interviewed while he was still a nobody, before running for POTUS. I remember him saying high prices for gas were good because it would help curb pollution by forcing folks to not drive so much.

I know all his supporters say what he said back then does not matter.............but it DOES. A second term of this man, when he's not worried about reelection, could be ugly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)