AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peru Agriculture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jermrief
Posted 10/31/2012 12:43 (#2670555)
Subject: Peru Agriculture

Nebraska
I am making a trip to Peru in December with a friend. Her family owns a couple tracts of land in Peru that is not being utilized. Her grandfather has owned it for years and she is about to inherit it. She wants to actually do something with it. I'm coming down there for a free vacation and to give my best guess opinion of what can be done.

She keeps asking me what is best but I told her it would be like determine what to grow in the United States and not knowing if its located in Florida or North Dakota. Also, I know that in Peru that they don't have the standard 160 acre lots. They are more like 1-5 Hectares. One tract that she does know of is 20 hectares and along the river, which I like for irrigation purposes. All I know is Peru grows a lot of asparagus, coffee (and organic coffee) and the illegal stuff (I'm not interested in becoming Ag partners with the cartel).

Just curious if anyone has been there and what I should expect from an Ag standpoint. Should I look into expanding what they currently having either by buying, renting, or crop-share with the locals? How are the foreign ownership laws?

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)