AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Noland
Posted 10/30/2012 10:42 (#2668689)
Subject: Cattle Software

Willmar MN

This hasn't been brought up for a while and I feel it's time to get on the band wagon of software vs my paper trail that somehow seems to get misplaced or ripped apart by a very aggressive little child in the house. We have tried a trial period of a few in the past but really haven't made the plunge to get an actual subscription or purchase. We have increased our herd to 100 cows now and it's time that we need to keep track a little better. We haven't kept any heifers back since starting the herd 2 years ago. We would like to keep some heifers back next year. We are going to sync, time AI this spring to help get more even calves, shorten our calving period, and be able to use higher genetics to produce good quality heifers for the following year. With all of that we were fortunate enough to buy a portable working tub/alley/chute this fall that has a place for a scale, a computer, and a handheld device. With all of these features already built into this system we feel it's time we better get on board. We are going to either Denver or Rapid City this year with one of the main focuses to talk with ranchers about the software they use if they use any at all. I just wanted to get a little feel about who is using cattle software, what they are all recording, how you are using it, and what type/brand to buy.

So far we have looked pretty seriously at Today's Rancher, EZ Rancher, and Cattlemax. Not saying that is one of them we are going to pick but those are the ones we have really seen that seem like it would work for us. All suggestions are gratefully accepted.  

Thanks for everyone on here who gives advice. It's a good thing when you are less than 30 trying to get a start in a very competitive market.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)