AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IPAQ 2200/STRATUS/IMPLEMENT SWITCH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 6/15/2006 16:27 (#19713)
Subject: IPAQ 2200/STRATUS/IMPLEMENT SWITCH

Hi Guys!!

I have pickup sprayer with the following setup: Marflex 60 ft 3 section boom sprayer controlled by MICROTRAK 3405 (I think) Sprayer controller. For Guidance I have a Cultiva marker lt. For record keeping I use a IPAQ 2200 with Stratus from SST, which I have mounted with a ram mount and charger cord plugged in the bottom of the IPAQ going to cig lighter adapter. In top of IPAQ I have a GPS card with an external antannne going to top of pickup cab. SO, I have 2 GPS sources as the CULTIVA has a DGPS OUT port as well on the back of the CULTIVA screen.

What I am wanting to do is create COVERAGE MAPS using the STRATUS logging option. Problem is I have to touch IPAQ screnn every time I turn my sprayer master swithc off and on in order to get accurate logging info on STRATUS.

With the setup I described above, what would be the SIMPLEST/CHEAPEST way to do this?? I am happy with the GPS on the IPAQ, so do I need to route an implement switch through the CULTIVA or is there a way to go intothe IPAQ/STRATUS and connect the log on/off button on screen with a power wire going to the boom solenoids in the sprayer??

Thanks a bunch, cool site!!!!!!

Buckwheat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)