AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pass me another beer... no good day... (PICS)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 10/1/2012 21:25 (#2618516)
Subject: Pass me another beer... no good day... (PICS)

Frytown, Iowa

RIP Bay...

I always cross the road with my dogs... why not today?

today i was across the road working in the hog barn and got a call that the semi was here to load up nongmo soybeans... so i hustled over there and as i crossed the road i was thinking to myself " the dogs are not crossing with me but i dont see them... they are probably chasing cats or something is keeping them busy... they will be fine.

so as im in the shop putting my tools away i hear a "thud" and know exactly what that is (groan)... as i go out the shop door i see the car doesnt even slow down and just keeps on... i head over to the other ditch and there is "bailey" (my dog) dead... gabby (my other dog) is with her and really doesnt know what the heck just happend. at this point hope got outta town... i knew she was dead and gabby was trying to play with her (bite her to get her to respond) and sniffing her all over...

i picked her up and took her to the truck. the guy who hit my dog came back... had a crack in his bumper.. gave him my name and address/ phone number for his insurance... he appologised... but i know there is no way he saw bailey as i believe she just popped up on the road... hence i dont hold it against him... i thanked him for coming back. i went home to tell my wife and she got in the truck and we drove to the creek bottom where she got burried by my dads old dog...

Gabby was there and i am bout certain things were not clicking in her head that bay was dead... she would sniff her and run all around trying to find a pheasant or a stick she could retreave... gabby is a born worker and tries to please people by retreaving things...

other things went wrong today like the tractor that was hooked to the auger wouldnt start and didnt get started till 6pm... and then had more electrical problems... minor compared to losing a friend but didnt add to the day at all... really, nothing bad would have happened today if i would have just been at the bar all day... and id still have 2 dogs...

bailey is the black and gabby is the gold (yes, we are in hawkeye territory)  after we burried bay we came back to the house... not 3 mins later we looked out the window and gabby was already running back from bays site... she already was down there and headed back... crazy dog... i know ill miss her.

(IMAG1103.jpg)

(IMAG1164.jpg)

(IMAG1139.jpg)

(IMAG0280.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMAG1103.jpg (29KB - 141 downloads)
Attachments IMAG1164.jpg (37KB - 157 downloads)
Attachments IMAG1139.jpg (51KB - 152 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0280.jpg (85KB - 154 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)