AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stuff to do in Ft. Worth?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

happycatcher
Posted 10/1/2012 13:13 (#2617807)
Subject: Stuff to do in Ft. Worth?

On Friday I'm going to fetch my yahoo little sister from Ft. Worth and want to take my mom to do something special while I'm there. She's on chemo right now from a brain tumor so it can't be anything too physical; something that wouldn't exhaust her. I asked her where she wanted me to take her and she said to surprise her. I want it to be special; something that will really make her happy. Also, something that won't be insanely expensive because I've already extorted my lifetime limit from my grandfather and a thorough investigation of his finances has not yet revealed my secret trust fund.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tallgrassneil
Posted 10/1/2012 19:11 (#2618185 - in reply to #2617807)
Subject: Re: Stuff to do in Ft. Worth?

West Texas
It's been more than 20 years since I spent time in FW, but the zoo was pretty good. There was a miniature train you could ride through the zoo, too, and tickets weren't outrageously expensive (then). No idea what it's like there now, or if they even still have a zoo. Probably another victim of the bean counters.
happycatcher
Posted 10/1/2012 19:18 (#2618196 - in reply to #2618185)

Grandpa took her there last month. I offered to go hunting for pimps in the ghetto in hopes of finding some crocodile shoes but she said "behave brat" so I think I will take her to a pottery barn.
Mrs B
Posted 10/1/2012 20:39 (#2618357 - in reply to #2617807)
Subject: RE: Stuff to do in Ft. Worth?

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

We enjoyed the Botanical Gardens a couple of years ago..........my mom and I that is.  Really pretty and well-managed and easy to see things even if you don't feel or get around the best. 

Been too many years since I was at the zoo, but my memories of it are like tallgrassneil's.  I loved it, but have no clue if it still exists or not.    

happycatcher
Posted 10/1/2012 20:42 (#2618367 - in reply to #2618357)

Thank you Mrs. B Mom loves stuff like that. The gardens it is. You are a genius.
andserco
Posted 10/2/2012 23:44 (#2620705 - in reply to #2618367)

Hillsboro,Texas
Cowgirl Hall of Fame, same area as the Botanic Gardens and Zoo...The downtown has really grown, so just walking around a lot to do..for lunch or afternoon break, go to the Reatta rooftop dining area. The weather is going to be nice..Ill think about some more, been here my whole life....
srsu99
Posted 10/3/2012 19:07 (#2621833 - in reply to #2620705)

Central / West Texas

andserco - 10/2/2012 22:44 Cowgirl Hall of Fame, same area as the Botanic Gardens and Zoo...The downtown has really grown, so just walking around a lot to do..for lunch or afternoon break, go to the Reatta rooftop dining area. The weather is going to be nice..Ill think about some more, been here my whole life....

What he said.  Have been to the botanical gardens many times.  Free parking, quite, just a nice area.  Reata is good, ate at the new one several times, the old one blew away in the last tornado. Get there chicken fried steak! The reata is Alpine is a favorite, think I was one of there fisrt customers.  Downtown is nice, lots of shops to go in. 

Edited by srsu99 10/3/2012 19:08
dutch
Posted 10/3/2012 22:15 (#2622223 - in reply to #2617807)

West Texas
Will Rogers Museum, since your into horses.
Ft Worth botanical gardens are supposed to be something to see too.
The zoo.
Stockyards!!
BillyBobs!!
Cen Tex Farmer
Posted 10/3/2012 23:17 (#2622453 - in reply to #2617807)

Mound Texas
Amon Carter museum is for sure the best thing to see in Ft Worth. Lots of original Charles Russell
and Frederick Remington artwork.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)