AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Koengernheim germany very pretty area.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

aray63
Posted 9/5/2012 06:18 (#2575915)
Subject: Koengernheim germany very pretty area.

barry county mi
Very nice farms and towns in Koengernheim ger.area We got here monday morn sept 3rd son in law in military at Wiesbaden on the rhine river and Mainz. very intersting area these folks dont waste any land they take care of it all .dont put houses in middle of a field .Id say 99 percent of all house are in little villages that can be 700 or more years old mostly masonary built houses . I will take pictures and maybe my doughter can load on the web so we can share. here at Koengernheim area alot of grapes some sugar beets and hay not much I think they rotate wheat and beets a few potatoes. futher south toward Landstuhl and Ramstein more corn my doughter said it rained about all spring and summer here so the crops look good everybody is planting wheat now Ibelieve .I wish one of these farmers talked english . very interesting place people seen very friendly. the rhine river is very busy with Id say grain traffic and I dont know what all. Unlike most of what they build in mich this day and age. these houses though thes houses are old they will be around long after most that are built back home will be gone .very few new homes the one the kids rent is built like a brick s??? house as they used to say back home ' Marble floors tile roofs . looks like walls are made of the same stuff we put on our milk polyar built in 1970 I forget what they called it but you cant tear it up. trim is marble . very useable and durable to say the lest. I might get lucky and a farmer from around here might see this and want to talk to me ha ha . I will get some pictures and try to send along. no new arival yet thanks archie.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)