AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are going to be the ramifications of this short crop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JoshuaGA
Posted 7/19/2012 19:51 (#2495117)
Subject: What are going to be the ramifications of this short crop

Sumner GA, Located in southwest GA,
Be forwarned, I am sitting on a decent, not record shattering corn crop and good potental going into my soybean crop, but what I got won't even touch most of yall. Anyway, with what seems to be an impending disaster as far as supply, what are going to be the outcomes? Personally, I thought it was all done marching up at 7 3/4 on corn, locked in some at $7.77 (I sell on Sept corn, Nov soybeans), first and only sale of the year, will ride the rest to harvest. Now I see it has went to 8, and while I am glad as a producer, I am just thinking this year will sound the final blow to quite a few smaller hog, cattle, dairy men. Also think that we will see ethanol start shuttering capacity for the coming marketing year. Dont think we will see the larger livestock intergrators close, but will see chest deep red ink. Also wondering, for the folks who locked in $5 corn for fall delivery, what happens when it isn't there. Are the livestock boys, especially the smaller ones going to get the short end of the stick. Ethanol would seem to have the advantage of fairly quick start up/stop, few more options for them. What would be your take on this given current conditions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)