AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I got lucky
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jdcombinetech
Posted 7/3/2012 16:36 (#2464496)
Subject: I got lucky

NE Kansas
I dont post here a lot, so I know a lot of you will not recognize my name. However I am a very faithful reader on this site, and have checked it almost daily for the last two or three years. I always enjoy reading others stories of success and misfortune, so I thought I would share mine.

About 15 of my friends and I decided to float the river Sunday afternoon. It has been very hot here lately, so it sounded like a great idea. About twenty minutes into the trip we were going over and old broken down dam. Of course there were rocks sticking up, and the river is extrememly low. But this river does not move fast enough to worry too much about it. We had a rather large inflatable boat/tube that four of us were on going into these "rapids". Off of it we had ropes tied to the tie-downs that ran out to the rest of the tubes to keep everybody together. Well, when we were goin over these rapids a gal accross from me kind of freaked out for some reason and tried to like jump/roll off. When she did so it threw the thing waaay off balance, and threw me off about halfway through the rapids. Rememer the ropes that were mentioned above?? Well of course my left leg had to find one, and got all tangled up in it. As the boat made its way down through the rest of the rocks, i was being drug beneath it. Somehow my leg finally slipped free after enough of me freaking out, and after a trip to the doctor yesterday I found out I just have a bruised shin bone (from it being slammed into a rock) and a few other scrapes and bruises. I did miss work so far this week due to not being able to get around too good, but consider myself very lucky to of not been hurt worse, or even drowned. It's times like these that sure make those early Sunday mornings of going to church worth it!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)