AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures from Turkey..."several pics"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WhiteFarms
Posted 6/7/2012 15:56 (#2418669)
Subject: Pictures from Turkey..."several pics"

Priceville, AL.
I recently was blessed with an opportunity to change jobs...In a couple of days I will be 53 years old and wasn't looking to start over again with a new job and especially with a company thats building its first plant in the USA... So I accepted this job after much prayer and discussion with my wife and family...I have been in Corlu, Turkey since May 21st training for the my new position...This is some of my experiences while I've been here.

On the weekends my trainer is taking me out in the areas where there is some farming...I have seen some major farming operations while here but I want to share my experience when we went to a small village about 2 hours away this past weekend... it was like stepping back in time maybe 40-50 years...each farmer has a small herd of diary cows, sheep and goats...they milk every morning and carry the milk to the cooler where it is weighed and recorded so they can be paid...some carry their milk on the back of the tractor on a small platform that looks like it was made from scrap lumber and some carry their milk balanced on their shoulder on a special wooden stick that is notched on each end to hold the handles of the milk buckets... they also raise wheat, sunflowers, canola, honey, chickens and all the food they eat...everyone who is able works in the fields...they all have small tractors to do the plowing and planting but they still do a tremendous amount of manual work...Surprisingly they have clean weed free fields for the most part because they use no chemicals for weed control...each farmer lets their diary cows graze on open land with no fences but they are out there watching them graze...sheep herders and goat herders stay with their herd day and night.

Several of the villagers took us hog hunting on the day we were there...we didn't see any hogs but had a great time...we loaded up on a trailer that was hooked to one of the tractors and they took us down a long winding dirt road that went through some mountains... we traveled this trail for an hour or so and ended up in a meadow by a stream...they built a fire and cooked "home foods" for us...no one there but my trainer understood my english and he struggled at times but we shared a bond that all farmers have and thats a love for nature...even though we could not speak the same language we still understood our love for the land and nature...by the time my visit was over we were laughing and having a great time...one of the elder farmers shared with me something that puts it all in perspective...he said " We are not rich in money but we are rich in the heart".

I must say thankyou to my Wife, my Son and Brother, for allowing me this opportunity to be here while so much is going on at our farm.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures

Jim

Edited by WhiteFarms 6/8/2012 00:36

(DSC05216.jpg)

(DSC05217.jpg)

(DSC05285.jpg)

(DSC05287.jpg)

(DSC05264.jpg)

(DSC05254.jpg)

(DSC05255.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC05216.jpg (33KB - 78 downloads)
Attachments DSC05217.jpg (76KB - 84 downloads)
Attachments DSC05285.jpg (83KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments DSC05287.jpg (61KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments DSC05264.jpg (97KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments DSC05254.jpg (106KB - 79 downloads)
Attachments DSC05255.jpg (97KB - 81 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)