AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1680 combine questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bhageman
Posted 5/9/2012 23:42 (#2376922)
Subject: 1680 combine questions

S W KS
1. The left side rear rotor cover, where the thrashing grates are, were completely packed with straw. I mean packed solid all the way around the rotor cage. Is this normal? When I was cleaning the machine outi was running the separator wide open with the shield off and noticed it looked like the cleaning fan was blowing air and straw back up into the area where the straw was all plugged up. This doesn't seem normal to me I would think the air should be going out the back of the machine.

2. I need to improve the straw spreading system. So I did some research on here and found some good ideas and part numbers. I ordered the small pulley to speed t
Up the spreaders the cupped bats, and made a couple larger diameter spreader disc to bolt the new bats too. Also bought new spreader cur tons. I have a hydraulic chaff spreader too. Is there anything else I should do to help spread the straw?

I just bought this combine last summer. I taught dad how to run it and that was the last time I was in it until today. So I have every little experience in this machine since we had a 8820 before this one. I could take that 8820 apart and put it back together blind folded but just don't have the knowledge on the 1680 yet. This site is better than the opps manual.

Thanks for all the info so far and in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)