AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lots of clover this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 4/30/2012 22:31 (#2362678)
Subject: Lots of clover this year

nw NC
It is hay making time here. I make quite a bit of my hay from the permanent grass field borders and waterways. For whatever reason , there is a LOT of volunteer white clover in the grass this year. The grasses , Fescue , Orchard grass , Blue grass and Rye grass are all at a stage of maturity about 10 days or more earlier than usual this year. I cut some Monday, April 23rd. We had frost that morning and it was clear and sunny that day but it was cold and I was dressed in my full wintertime outdoor clothing while mowing on an open tractor. First time I ever wore my Carhartts to mow hay!!!!! Had some cloudy days with some cold showers since then so the hay did not dry any until Saturday. Sunday afternoon was nice and the hay looked as if it would bale today , Mon. April 30, but it was cool and lightly misting for a while this morning. Hay is still nice green color and smells good. Maybe tomorrow. Anyhow I cut more today . Here are some pictures of the big, thick clover. UH-OH just heard thunder and radar shows a storm about 25 miles west of here.

(IMG_2362 (Large).jpg)

(IMG_2363 (Large).jpg)

(IMG_2364 (Large).jpg)

(IMG_2365 (Large).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2362 (Large).jpg (107KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2363 (Large).jpg (114KB - 37 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2364 (Large).jpg (106KB - 40 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2365 (Large).jpg (74KB - 37 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)