AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AC to DC power converter for EZ Guide +
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chocgopher
Posted 9/11/2007 10:12 (#201969)
Subject: AC to DC power converter for EZ Guide +

Iowa
I would like to get an adapter so that I can power my EZ Guide Plus from household AC current. Frankly, the cheapy $1 to $5 converters on ebay and amazon scare me....several reports of them melting or exploding. I don't want to risk attaching the lightbar to something like that. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to buy a safe, reliable power converter that is still reasonably priced?

Also, since we have some rootlodged corn this year, I am thinking about running the lightbar in one of the combines to help stay on the row. We currently have a PF 3000 in one combine and an Insight in the other. Both run off of Trimble 124 Beacon receivers. What are your suggestions for putting the EZ Guide Plus in one of these machines? Should I run the lightbar stand-alone, or should I try to hook it in with one of the monitors and replace one of the 124's? We farm about 15 miles from a Coast Guard Beacon station, could I expect the WAAS signal to be as good as the Beacon? The two combines always operate in the same field at the same time, and their GPS data is combined to make a single yeild map. Is there an advantage to keeping the same style of receiver on both machines?

Also, would I need additional cabling to connect the EZ Guide Plus with the 3000 or Insight?

Thanks in advance.

choc
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)