AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do 12 row 1770 planters have wings that flex up and down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/14/2012 15:06 (#2228206)
Subject: Do 12 row 1770 planters have wings that flex up and down?

I saw a 12 row front fold (non NT) 1770 John Deere planter sitting in the local Case IH parking lot and I had always wondered how a 12 row had it's sections broken up between flex points so I went and looked at it. I could not see any point that would allow the wings of that particular planter to fold up and down after it was in the field and unfolded. I understand how the 1770 front fold planters flex because we had a 16 row version. Either I was missing something very obvious or the 12 row does not flex up and down like the 16 row does?

I see on the John Deere website that the 12 row 1770 NT front fold planters do flex up and down on the wings.

The thing that has gotten me started on examing flex points on planters is because I really don't like how our 24 row 1770NT flexes. It has two rows on each side of the transport tires on the center section. These two rows either serve to lift the planter way out of the ground going over terraces or they dive hard in to the ground. I figured a 12 row 1770 NT would be perfect for avoiding that. I figured it would have 4 row units on the back and four on each side but I saw on the website that even the 12 row has a row unit sticking out to each side of the transport wheels on the center section when it's unfolded. Not as bad as the 24 row, but the way I expected it to be designed. Is there a good reason for this? Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)