AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GreenStar Harvest Monter Data Extraction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kevinslarson
Posted 8/20/2007 22:31 (#190523)
Subject: GreenStar Harvest Monter Data Extraction

I'm trying to setup a computer to extract yield information from JD's GreenStart Harvest Monitor (HM). There is no GPS hooked up to the HM, though my plan was to have a laptop in the cap with the GPS hooked up to it and I then would want the HM connected to the laptop. In reading the other threads I'm realizing this may not be the best way of doing it.

So my question is, is the only way to get data from the HM is though the DataStore port on the bottom of the HM? If not, can this be done with the 10pin data cable that currently is not hooked to anything? This 10pin cable is using 5 pins, there are (from a 2007 9660 STS):

C = black
D = green
H = yellow
J = red
K = orange

If I need to use the DataStore port, is there an option other then Deere's DataStore device?

I'm trying to do this as cheap as I can and I already have the laptop and a Garmin GPS 18. I'm going to be using one of the various open source GIS packages to work with the data.

If anyone happens to know what all 5 pins are used for on my unused 10pin cable, it would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Kevin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)