AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain carts, J&M vs Kinze
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 11/11/2011 21:08 (#2045804)
Subject: grain carts, J&M vs Kinze

Please I want serious answers only, not trying to start a color war.

We have run Kinze carts since back in the 70's when we got our first 400. Never had a problem except shear bolts and that was a result of the pto clutch on the tractor we had at the time. Currently running a 1050 on duals. We'd like to trade up to a cart on tracks to reduce compaction. A dealer I know sells J&M, Brent and Kinze and he swears the J&M is the one he'd go with, especially on tracks. He thinks they have a better undercarriage and his dealership has fewer mechanical problems with the J&M's that they sell. Not to mention they are quite a bit cheaper.

Does anyone have experience with both Kinze and J&M to compare the two? If you were used to a Kinze would you be happy with a J&M?

We are not really concerned about the unload speed, very seldom run the one we have over half throttle a few more seconds doesn't matter. Don't care about the position of the unload auger or a deflector spout, we load all high side trailers off the scale, put 25,000 in the front hopper, 28,000 in the rear and all we have to worry about is that we get it in the hopper. We just want a tough cart that will not wear out. Don't intend to abuse it, but there are years when it will be in mud knee deep. The only J&M's that I have been close to had a drive shaft as one of the lowest points on the cart, don't know if they are still built that way but that did not impress me.

I have always thought Kinze had one of the best built toughest carts with augers that would last a long time and they held their value well. What am I going to think about a J&M 10 years from now?

Thanks for the info.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)