AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cobra as a pre? Treflan? Lasso? Prayer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 9/18/2011 10:56 (#1967401)
Subject: Cobra as a pre? Treflan? Lasso? Prayer?

King City, Mo
It seems around here almost everyone goes with that the local guys recommend and everyone gets the same results with not real good weed control. There are a few fields that are clean.....some of my own and i did the same thing as the others and where weeds came though......

Has anyone put cobra down as a pre chemical?

Down lower here: http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=256885&mid=196...

A feller posted the cobra label and i was wondering if i read it right....

Has anybody put cobra down as a pre? Rate? Timing? Tank mix?

I used some cobra to cleanup some waterhemp in the beans this summer and some phionix on the wheat beans and was happy with the results.

I am almost planning on 4 trips across the bean fields for next year.... :(

Trip 1. Burn down winter annuals with 2-4d, rup and mix treflan when there calling for rain in 2-3 days.
Trip 2. After planting put down some Authority or Sonic ((Would it be effective to add cobra then? Anybody tried it?)
Trip 3. Roundup and Cobra and sticker and a generic warrior for bugs
Trip 4. Have the preacher come out and pray that waterhemp doesn't come up or bugs or frog eye ect doesn't move in...

In a month or two when i pre pay for my beans i want to have my chemical plan lined out. I am tempted to plant conventional beans as much non roundup chem it is going to take to have clean beans...that is unknown Territory for me because we got our coupe in 2000 and this was the first year we put anything in the tank other then rup for beans.....

One fellow at the feed store said they use to spray lasso on beans pre to help control the waterhemp...?

I hate to spray the beans when they are over cowboy boot high or knee high, because you knock down some many and if the spray will actually get down to the weeds w/ all the bean leaves.

Ideas??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)