AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Delicious Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle Recipe (KSBoy-approved)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 9/14/2011 10:30 (#1961844)
Subject: Delicious Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle Recipe (KSBoy-approved)

Blooming where I am planted!

I am not normally a big fan of peanuts, but I DO like the "Munch" candy bars.  I was thinking I should see if I could make something like it at home, and though I haven't found anything like it yet, I did find, and make this recipe.  It turned out great!  This peanut brittle is not so "shattery" or stick-to-the-teeth like most brittles - I don't like the brittle like that.  This one breaks off nicely without the shattery edges or sticky residue.  It says to use raw peanuts, but I used Planters Honey Roasted peanuts and they turned out great.  I keep the finished product in the freezer and take a piece out now and then.  This recipe is KSBoy-tested and loved (I sent him a care package!).

from cooks.com

PEANUT BUTTER PEANUT BRITTLE 
 <script type="text/javascript">

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1730,157161-230199,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. white corn syrup
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp. butter
2 c. raw peanuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. water
2 c. peanut butter, creamy or chunky

1. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 275 degrees on a candy thermometer or soft ball stage. Remove candy thermometer and stir in butter.

2. Lower heat to medium and add peanuts. Stir 5 minutes over medium heat. Replace thermometer in pan and cook until candy starts turning brown, 300 degrees.

3. Combine soda with water, stirring well. Remove candy from heat; stir in vanilla and soda mixture. Lightly stir in peanut butter. Pour onto a well buttered cookie sheet and spread very thinly with a spatula. Cool and break candy into pieces. Store in a covered container at room temperature. Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

Hints: Warm peanut butter slightly by placing jar in hot water. Fold peanut butter into syrup mixture very lightly.

Edited by amsunshine 9/14/2011 10:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)