AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fARM PROGRESS SHOW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tc806
Posted 8/31/2011 07:15 (#1939160)
Subject: fARM PROGRESS SHOW

Casey IL. ( I -70 ) then south on rt.49
Went to the show Tuesday and was a little disapointed in the livestock line. Not much there but feeders and chutts.
I guess I was wanting to see some feed grinders and rollers, a sileage chopper would have been nice.
The rest of the show was on par though and got many new gifts , hats, gloves etc.
Looked at some metal fence line buks 20' long . I think I would like to have two of them for starting my calves. The question is for a small operation are the metal one's ok. One of the dealers have some used ones close to my home and says they are like new. Made them about 2/3 the price, going to go look at them. price is 1000 apiece
They are the old stile S.I. feeders. Do not no what that means ( looks like ) yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jim
Posted 8/31/2011 14:27 (#1939683 - in reply to #1939160)
Subject: RE: fARM PROGRESS SHOW

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Tim, with new crop corn above $7.50/bu and new crop fall beans above $14.50/bu in Decatur Illinois afraid the FPS is pretty much a corn and bean show.  My guys report being extremely busy there.

Jim at Dawn 

engbert2
Posted 8/31/2011 21:15 (#1940206 - in reply to #1939160)
Subject: Re: fARM PROGRESS SHOW

German Valley, IL
there were 3 out of the 4 brands of choppers there ! ( well 5 if you count Fendt's new chopper that will be available in north America in near future)
jocofarmer
Posted 9/1/2011 09:07 (#1940990 - in reply to #1940206)
Subject: Re: fARM PROGRESS SHOW

East Central Iowa
There is one chopper in the Dekalb tent as well. I think it would work for checking cattle.
billonthefarm
Posted 8/31/2011 21:44 (#1940282 - in reply to #1939160)

Farmington IL
Just got back from the show.
Watched the demo with the three chutes in the livestock tent. Very interesting. Looked at numerous, feeders, bunks, chutes, tubs, alley ways, pens. There was forage equipment from 7 ft sickle bar mowers to a silage choppers with 25 foot heads. Forage wagons, manure spreaders, bale processors, vertical mixers, mowers, rakes and balers. Looked everything from livestock trailers to silage innoculants. Everything from hoop buildings to software programs for herd management. For the first time I saw a big windrow merger and then saw new post hole digger that is exactly like they have been making for decades. I felt for a farm show in the middle of the I states where there really arent that many cattle, they did a good job.
IL cow man
Posted 9/1/2011 12:42 (#1941218 - in reply to #1940282)

Buffalo IL
I went on Tuesday, also. There was quite a bit of livestock equipment. Most equipment was were big ticket items like silage choppers, balers, tub grinders, huge manure spreaders and so on. There were other sideline equipment companies with bunks, hoop buildings, cattle chutes etc.I suggest not trying to work 140 cows and calves the day after the show after walking the pavement all day like I did. My kids 14 and 17 had a great time scavenging for the free stuff. Back to working on combine had more repairs than i thought and should have started sooner or should have traded.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)