AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barn swallow issues....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 8/6/2011 19:20 (#1899131)
Subject: Barn swallow issues....

East Central, Nebraska
I usually don't frequent this particular area of the website so i will apologize in advance, but this didn't fall into machinery or precision.

I bought my house where I have grown up from my dad a few years ago. when i took over we had a mild barn swallow problem nesting on the the covered porches. I would knock down the nests and they would rebuild over and over til i would get pre occupied and they would have chics in them, then i would leave them alone. the problem persisted til i put good doors on the sheds and took care of their porch areas. I have never hurt one but made sure they didn't have homes. Every year i would fight them then, forget about it. Well this year they seemed to bring a hundred or so of their friends over. it is insane. they dive bomb us when we mow, if i keep the shed doors open they dive bomb us when we work. I keep thinking about what a friend of mine said once "don't kill them, they eat mosquitoes", i really think i could punch him right now. does anyone have any ideas for me? It is getting out of control. I swear hundreds. Its kind of freaking me out. Ever seen the movie birds?

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)