AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

feed bunk pad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 7/13/2011 17:33 (#1861489)
Subject: feed bunk pad?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
am going to poor a couple of pads for some inline concrete feed bunks, and have a few questions. I have done a search and have read several threads on what some people suggest, but wanted more opinions. How "wide" do you generally poor the pads? I would think(if you could afford it), wide enough to enable the feed truck to drive on would be beneficial,but the added cost may be prohibitive. Also, how "thick" should these pads be poured? I have one lot where I have 140 ft of concrete bunks, and all I did was level off the area, haul in a couple of loads of shale(keal) native to our area, level it down and then top with a couple of loads of crushed rocks. Of course we don't feed year around with these bunks, but do go several months in the fall and winter months. I have never gotten stuck in my 4x4 pickup with feedbox on it, but have left some tracks getting to the feed bunk area.

But, we are in the process of purchasing a truck with a roto-mix box on it, so with these new bunks, I want it to be accessible as possible. Any suggestions?
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)