AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zimmatic Tower Motor Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mav
Posted 7/12/2011 01:43 (#1859324)
Subject: Zimmatic Tower Motor Question

Hey guys, I am curious if anyone knows the answer to this question. Does a 1981 Zimmatic model 307 use the same tower motor as a 1999 Gen II Zimmatic? Or in other words, do both motors have the same number of poles?

The situation is as follows. We had a motor go bad, so we put on the spare motor that we keep in inventory. Dad called our dealer in order to replace our spare, and the girl he talked to informed him that the model 307 motor was no longer available, but the newer style motor would work on our older pivot. However, the new motor is going be a 40-something rpm motor and our older pivot is a 30-something rpm motor or visa versa. And, if it went on the end tower we would have to adjust the timer accordingly to keep the proper application rate.

Well, in order for her to be right, the newer style motor would have fewer poles than the older style motor, which I find highly unlikely. So if anyone has any information to help solve my inquiry or can point out something I might be missing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mav

Edited by Mav 7/12/2011 01:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)