AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible vacation in osage beach... any favorites?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 6/26/2011 16:35 (#1836557)
Subject: Possible vacation in osage beach... any favorites?

Frytown, Iowa

nt

Edited by frytownfarmer 12/12/2017 22:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tumbleweed
Posted 6/26/2011 20:32 (#1836844 - in reply to #1836557)
Subject: RE: Possible vacation in osage beach... any favorites?

Princeton, Indiana
http://www.bandanasbbq.com/Flash/locations.htm

We like Bandanas BBQ on the strip in Osage Beach.
BossLady
Posted 6/26/2011 21:55 (#1837024 - in reply to #1836557)

NE Missouri
I have stayed at Inn at Grand Glaize, Holiday Inn Express and another place down at the lake that is a time share. I liked both hotels. I believe Grand Glaize has boat rentals but you would have to check it out. I never did any of the reservations for any of them so I don't know how that all works. Rented a jet ski one time, I didn't think the rental fee was too bad, but to refuel it was expensive as the pumps on the water charge quite a bit more than the gas stations up on the road. We took a john boat down and got plenty of redneck looks but it allowed us on the water and was able to swim in the lake.

As for eating out, there is a ton of options, just depends on what you like and how much you want to spend. Going all out? The Blue Huron is rather fancy and the fried lobster tail is awesome but completely over priced! In the middle, I like JB Hooks and I think Bentley's. For a little less money, check out the local bars during meal hours. Pretty good meals for a decent price and often have souvenir shirts. The places that I went to I think have all had a name change so I don't know what they are now. Used to be a place called Peckers and one called Pickled Pete's but I don't know what they are now. The time share condo was nice as it had a kitchen and dishwasher so we brought our own meat, picked up sides at Walmart, and ate at the condo quite a bit to save on money.
ILLRick
Posted 6/26/2011 22:35 (#1837145 - in reply to #1836557)
Subject: Re: Possible vacation in osage beach... any favorites?

ECIL
Wifey is taking the kids there again this year to visit some cousins and staying at Tan-Tara. I don't know if I'll make it or not due to the late spring. Her cousins pick her and kids up and take them to their home by boat and at least once during the week eat at Shorty Pants. Paradise is good too but the location of the dock can be hard on boats due to waves. Both are typical lake bar fare.
plowboy
Posted 6/26/2011 22:45 (#1837168 - in reply to #1836557)

Brazilton KS
I think the best show at Lake of the Ozarks is gonna be found at Party Cove any summer weekend, particularly major ones.
jdflyer
Posted 6/27/2011 00:40 (#1837417 - in reply to #1837168)

Centralia, MO
Party Cove is the only reason I'd go to that lake anymore. Way overcrowded with boats. High priced lodging and food. And most of the summer the fecal coliform readings exceed safe limits for swimming.
JDTECH
Posted 6/27/2011 01:31 (#1837453 - in reply to #1836557)
Subject: We've stayed here twice

NEMO

But it has been several years and I don't know if it has changed owners since. It suited us just fine.
http://www.robinsresort.com/
 Lots of great dinning, we done every thing from fast food to upscale at J. Bruners's (http://www.jbruners.com/).
Miner Mike's was a great place to take the kids. It is kind of an arcade place and we had a lot of fun there with the kiddos. http://www.minermikes.com/
Have a fun and safe trip!

ezzard
Posted 6/27/2011 05:55 (#1837510 - in reply to #1837417)

SE IA
jdflyer - 6/26/2011 23:40

Party Cove is the only reason I'd go to that lake anymore. Way overcrowded with boats. High priced lodging and food. And most of the summer the fecal coliform readings exceed safe limits for swimming.

Actually, party cove is the spot that has fecal matter in it, among other things, it's still entertaining though. I've been spending part of the summer there for 18 years. I have a place on the Big Niangua arm and the traffic isn't bad at all. It's a big lake and has lots of options depending on what trips your trigger.
Phred
Posted 6/27/2011 20:42 (#1838473 - in reply to #1836557)

NE Mo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the people who want to come to the lake.  They really need to contact the Chamber of Commerce in  Lake Ozark/Osage Beach as soon as possible and get literature mailed to them.  FunLake.com or 1-800-386-5253
Bentley's is a great place for a really nice dinner.  Prices are moderately high, but a far better deal than at the Blue Heron.  That place is a gigantic rip off!  Wobbly Boots is a good place to eat.  We used to go there quite a bit.  Bear Creek Valley Golf has a good restaurant for lunches.  It's a short distance on Hwy. 42.  Vista Grande has good Mexican food.  Shorty Pants is Cajun food.  Ruthie D's, on the Bend, has good food too.  J.B. Hooks has good food.  Lots of good places to eat down there, just depends upon what you like.

My advice is to stay away from Party Cove unless you are really  familiar with boats and have one big boat.  The water is not safe in that area on a weekend.  They will swamp you in a heart beat.  If little kids will be along, don't go there, period.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)