AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things that usually get you a big rain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 6/18/2011 08:17 (#1823736)
Subject: Things that usually get you a big rain

East Central Arkansas

In the post below about the borrowed planter some mentioned things that normally seem to get them a rain. As most of you know we were flooded on our farm for several weeks and after the flood water left it seemed that we dried out about as fast as the ground had flooded. We were having to disk ground to break the crust that had formed as the ground dried and the soil was dry and clody in at least the top two inches. I had the planter set deeper than I had ever used it trying to get in the moister below this dry area. Well night before last we got over two inches of rain. I don't know how large of a area got this rain but we went across White River over to DeWitt last night and only a few miles from our farm had not had any rain to speak of. I guess in a few days we will be replanting beans but hopefully we can be more timely on getting these acres planted and have better planting conditions. I guess folks right around our farm that had beans laying on top of the ground that wouldn't come up without a rain can think me for doing my part of trying to get a rain.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)