AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's like the Interstate out there.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 6/8/2011 20:23 (#1810263)
Subject: It's like the Interstate out there.

Central Kansas
Here in Central Kansas, everyone is pushing to get the planting in before wheat harvest. We will harvest wheat next week. (at least 10 days early) I've never seen sooooooooooo many tractors with planters or drills, tillage equipment, spray equipment, seed tenders, Etc moving up and down the roads and in the fields in our area. Not much was planted early, except for the Corn because it was bone dry on the top 3 or 4 inches of soil during the most of May. After it rained a couple of times and then dried up and the weather pattern changed to a drier mode for consecutive days, EVERYONE came out of the wood work! The stress level at the Fertilizer/chemical plants is overwhelming. I finished my Beans today and planted in some "not so perfect" weed free fields. Spray outfit is soooooo far behind. I've got to wait for them to burn down the ground where I'm going to plant Milo. They will get to it in a day or two, I was told. That will work for me as I can get it planted and still be ready to cut Wheat next week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)