AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8320 hydraulic problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 5/23/2011 01:58 (#1787320)
Subject: 8320 hydraulic problem

Wyoming
Short version: SCVs leak off bad, it makes hydraulic noise all the time, why?

Detailed version:
So they dropped that 8320 off for me to try, and as soon as we got it off the truck it rained. And then rained and rained some more. So I decided to just stick my GPS stuff in it while it was raining, it's autotrac ready so only took a few hours. So it finally dried enough to do something and I put the planter on to plant the last corn field we hadn't gotten before the rain. Folded the planter to leave and found a problem. It was leaking off pretty fast. Vertical fold 7300, 2 minutes and it would leak down the wings. Switched remotes, they all did it. Went to the field with the remote set to constant at .1 flow to hold it up. Planted 160 acres, really liked the tractor other than the hydraulics. Remote ran the fan fine. Thing is it almost seems like the entire hydraulic system is sluggish. 3 point stays up fine, but seems slow to me, steering maybe a little slow too? Hard to say as this is the first ILS tractor I have ran. It has heavy lift and big pump, but so does my 8100 and everything was faster and easier on the 8100. I also notice a hiss I can hear in the cab when I turn the fan and radio off, then when I go behind the tractor it sounds like a hydraulic noise too, like it's always doing something. They put a new charge pump in before I got it, could they have maladjusted something so it's working all the time? I did also plug in the rollerharrow when I was done planting to check that it wasn't just the planter cylinders, under 2 minutes and the rollerharrow was back on the ground. This is all with the tractor running also. Forgot to check if it did it when shut off too. I'll check that tomorrow. It seems like something somewhere has to be stuck open a little, any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)