AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My take on economy & E10 vs E85 price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mr. November
Posted 4/16/2011 08:05 (#1726848)
Subject: My take on economy & E10 vs E85 price

North central Iowa
Yesterday our youngest daughter and 560 other FFA members were awarded an Iowa Degree. My wife, oldest daughter, and my parents go down to watch the ceremony. On the way home we decide to get something to eat other than fast food. It's after 7pm when we stop at Chili"s in Ankeny where we find a parking spot and a 45 minute wait. So we decide to drive up the street and see what else there is. Every parking lot is full or has a line outside. We decide to go to Ames figured it would be 8pm by time we get there and crowds would be thinning out. Hickory Park has a crowd outside, B Dubs and Applebee's parking lot full, Okoboji Grill no place to park, end up at Pizza Ranch where they were having problems keeping food on the buffet. I made the comment doesn't look like the high price of gas or economy has slowed people from going out to eat in what I consider mid level priced resturants, dine inside at $10-$15 per plate.

My wife has a Flex Fuel Tahoe so whenever we are near an E85 pump we check price. If it's .50 cents less than E10 we use E85. Well it was a no brainer last night on what to fill with, E85 was 2.75 vs E10 3.75.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)