AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smartsteer cable problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 3/5/2011 20:02 (#1652556)
Subject: Smartsteer cable problems

I ordered a Smartsteer system to use with my Cruizer II last week and when I ordered it from the salesman I made a special point of saying it was for a Cruizer II, not a Cruizer. He said it doesn't matter, they only have one option listed in the book for the Cruizer so it must not matter what Cruizer you are using it with and it will work with both the Cruizer and Cruizer II. OK, sounds logical I thought.

I started installing it today and I think I may need to exchange the cables and get the package that is similar to the Envisio pro cables but I am far from certain on that and that is what I am asking about. Follow me here, the cable package that came with the Smartsteer for the orginal Cruizer hooks up fine to the Cruizer II but it does not use the new Can port that is on the Cruizer II. The installation manual for the Smartsteer says nothing about the Cruizer II so when I was installing it I did not think anything was wrong and proceded to hook the cables up as if it were a regular Cruizer. When I got home tonight I was wondering why it didn't use the Can port so I got out the OM for the Cruizer II. In the back of that manual, there is a wiring diagram that seems to indicate when hooking up a Smartsteer to a Cruizer II, you should be using a kit that does infact hook up to the Can port. I believe it is part # 117-9001-029 instead of #117-0197-017?

I ran out of time today to see if it even works like I have it hooked now with the regular Cruizer cables. My question is, will it work not being hooked to the Can port like a regular Cruizer is, or should I try to exchange the cables and try to get the right ones. If it works the same either way, I wonder if it is worth the hassle of trying to exchange the cables if the end results are the same. Do you think hooking it to the Can port will increase its performance?

Lastly, I have a question about hooking the two square plugs into the node. How do you know what plug goes where? There is no lableing on them and I don't want to get them backwards.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)