AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS Tech College programs in MN, WI, SD or IA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LateNight PlowBoy
Posted 2/22/2011 12:49 (#1628992)
Subject: GPS Tech College programs in MN, WI, SD or IA

South Central MN
I am looking for the best college program related to GPS/GIS. I am currently finishing an Ag Business Degree with a minor in Crops and Soils at River Falls, WI, but have some scholarship money left on the table. I don't feel ready for Grad school at this time so I have decided to explore the trades. Colleges that I have found so far are Ridgewater in Wilmar, MN. South central in Mankato, MN and Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids, IA. Is there any I am missing or of these which is best for the GPS industry.

My experience with GPS so far has been from an entry level/weekend applicator (mostly dry fert) at a co-op working with Raven Viper, Viper pro and the old classic 440. They run a micro bin VRT, main product VRT by soil zone mainly but some grids on the dry side. Also have worked on but not driven the sprayer with 4 injection pumps and total chem storage on the machine is 360 gals. Its pretty nice filling straight water all day and keeping clean-outs to a boom flush from an efficiency stand point . I hope to learn more about map building, troubleshooting, etc. So far other advice I have gotten was to take a low voltage electrical class and hydraulics class to get an strong understanding of the interface with monitor/gps to machine fully working. Plus be able to troubleshoot these areas quicker. Home is Rochester, MN and the uncle's farm I work at is in Nerstrand, MN. I would like to stay nearby, but not the highest factor either.

Any advice will be great!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)