AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

old shop machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johnwayne360
Posted 2/18/2011 17:33 (#1621691)
Subject: old shop machinery

near dyersville iowa
Dreaming about a shop. Have my grandfathers 20x40 sitting there. He built it himself, even cut the lumber for it. Its divided into two halves...one side with two garage doors, and the other "shop" part that had been insulated and heated with a small garage door between the two. The roof needs to be completely redone--i can shoot nails right through it in a lot of places. The rest of the building is solid. So what im dreaming about is cutting the garage portion off, leaving the shop portion. Putting a new roof on the shop part, then adding a new piece where the garage was..making the garage area closer to 20x30 or maybe 20x40 with a monoslope design. I have a couple questions first. Is home sawed lumber valuable..should i try to salvage what i can? Mostly 2x4 and 2x6 oak, also 1x6 boards..wouldnt be a lot i know, but who knows if you dont ask. Will and overhead door work on a monoslope, or will i have to put a peaked roof on it to get a roll up door? would heating a monoslope be tremendously difficult? The cement is already there, and in good shape, so i dont think i could do floor heat. I dont need a lot of space for a shop, but would be nice if i had someplace to hide from the wife once in awhile :) One tractor at a time would be enough..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)