AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using varitarget nozzles?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

scsprayer
Posted 12/22/2010 19:33 (#1501310)
Subject: Anyone using varitarget nozzles?

South Carolina
I do alot of custom work for area farmers, before resistant pigweed, 10gpa and glyphosate got it done. Now we are using all kinds of products with different modes of action and chemistries that can vary between 10-20 gpa to get the job done. It is almost impossible to always have the correct tip for the correct gpa and the correct pressure.
I am running a JD 4630 sprayer and have been looking at the veritarget nozzles as a solution to a multi-tip problem. I am looking for someone with experience good or bad with these or similar nozzles, they sound almost too good, but hey, that doesn't mean they don't work. Most of the posts I have found are older ones.
In theory it would seem when you start to spray and the rate controller opens up to charge the booms that the springs on the tips would open too wide then the controller would shut down to control flow and so on compared to a normal nozzle building back pressure and the controller stabilizing. I don't know if this would happen but that's why I'm asking for help.
I am currently running AI nozzles and really like them for drift control. I have found them to be a very verities tip for many applications. Low pressure for big spray droplets and high pressure for canopy penetration and smaller droplets.
I try to do the very best job for my customers, because I am a farmer too and have been on the other side feeling like I got charged too much and not satisfied with the job. I know how much chemicals cost and treat other's crops like they are my own. I want to do the very best job possible and always looking for ways to be prepared for whatever the customer wants.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Merry Christmas to all, and happy birthday Jesus!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)