AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which new vehicle ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mr.D
Posted 12/22/2010 09:45 (#1500510)
Subject: Which new vehicle ??

NC Iowa
We are looking at purchasing a new personal vehicle. We are pretty much set on an All Wheel Drive SUV or crossover of some type.
We prefer to stay with a USA domestic built vehicle. Right now we are looking at the Ford Edge or GMC Arcadia. We don't need the room the Arcadia has, but like the styling. We do want dual side heat/cooling control so looks like the Chevy Equinox is not really an option. Fuel mileage on the Edge looks much better than the Arcadia. We want to stay with a V-6 engine. I read the post a few days back on the GMC Arcadia and looks like most were positive on the vehicle. GM has the best year end programs right now so that is a plus for the GMC. Dealerships are both about 25 miles from home, (sure miss the small home town dealers and your ability to get a fast straight answer from them) The Ford Edge is a nicely designed vehicle as well and like a lot of the features.
Any comments on either vehicle , likes or dislikes, or any other options will be greatly appreciated. Thank You !!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Delmarva Ag
Posted 12/22/2010 09:50 (#1500516 - in reply to #1500510)
Subject: RE: Which new vehicle ??

Seaford, Delaware
I am a GM fan but I don't think you can wrong with either one of those vehicles. Let us know when you decide with pictures.

Alan

(100_0570.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0570.jpg (73KB - 39 downloads)
White Gold
Posted 12/22/2010 10:31 (#1500576 - in reply to #1500510)

South Plains of Texas
First off I'm a GM guy and have a friend who bought a Acadia a while back and loves it. The mpg is a little better than what's listed, at least for them, but they drive very conservatively.
Now my exerience with the Edge. I rented one back in Sept. while in Houston. Thing drove good and rode good, but the thing that didn't impress me was the A/C. It wouldn't cool very good. The people in the back seat melter while the people in the front couldn't hear for the fan being on high all the time. It just didn't move much air. My SIL who's a Ford guy was even commenting on it. Said it's one vehicle that wouldn't make his list. Just my experience.
Gunner
Posted 12/22/2010 11:01 (#1500617 - in reply to #1500510)

Modena, Wisconsin

If you like the Acadia but think it is a little bit big then take a look at the GMC Terrain.  The wife hit a deer with her car and the body shop gave her a 2010 Terrain to use as a loaner.  Their program worked as now she has the bug for a new Terrain.  It is closer to the Edge in size and has all of the nice features of the Acadia as well as better milage.

martin
Posted 12/22/2010 11:40 (#1500673 - in reply to #1500510)

I don't know if you are aware of this feature or not...
go to the GMC website and you can do a comparison of the vehicles.  That might be helpful, if you have not done it already.

http://www.gmc.com/common/bp/compare.jsp?brand=acadia&vehicle=acadia&originatingBrand=acadia&year=2011

Topshot
Posted 12/22/2010 12:28 (#1500746 - in reply to #1500510)
Subject: Ford Edge!

Near Richmond, IN

We bought one two years ago and I can find nothing wrong with it.  I like everything about it--hauls a fair amount of things but is much handier and compact than my old Ford Explorer was and gets pretty good mileage.  Plus it's a Ford and our taxpayers didn't have to bail them out.  That alone would keep me from buying a GM, but that's me.

zipper
Posted 12/22/2010 13:25 (#1500823 - in reply to #1500746)
Subject: RE: Ford Edge!

what type of fuel mileage on the edge.
Topshot
Posted 12/22/2010 14:52 (#1500929 - in reply to #1500823)
Subject: Re: Which new vehicle ??

Near Richmond, IN
I think it's rated at 24 but I think my wife gets 22-23. Which is a lot better than my old Explorer got.
BSchroeder
Posted 12/22/2010 12:29 (#1500752 - in reply to #1500510)
Subject: Re: Which new vehicle ??

Devils Lake, ND
Two problems I have with the Edge:

1) It's too small.

2) It's a FORD. Other than that, it looks like a great vehicle.
Tommy
Posted 12/22/2010 14:40 (#1500912 - in reply to #1500510)
Subject: RE: Well since you asked.....

Iowa
Don't buy a NEW anything. Buy used, put the difference in the bank or your retirement fund. I resisted the temptation for decades and never bought a vehicle new, or one I couldn't pay cash for. Used the money I saved for my expanding my operation, saving for my kid's college, and funding my retirement. For a long time it seemed like I was wrong and was just depriving myself of having something nice. But now I have proof it was the right move. And now I don't even DESIRE a new vehicle--you get to the point that you are proud you knew more than to be sucked into it. There are other things I enjoy more that won't be scrap metal in 10 or 12 years.

But those are sure nice cars, that's for sure--either one of them. They will go well over 100,000 miles, maybe double that, so what's wrong with one with 50,000 miles on it?
JIMEB
Posted 12/22/2010 19:27 (#1501300 - in reply to #1500510)

We weren't going to buy a vehicle without dual heat cotrols. But decided to go with a new Equinox we had it for 3 weeks and not having dual controls hasn't been a issue. So far we really like it.
ryan elias
Posted 12/22/2010 19:41 (#1501326 - in reply to #1500510)

chortitz, manitoba
I'd buy a big axx 1980 suburban with a 454 engine.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)