AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WIU Cover Crop Innovator profiles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jbgruver
Posted 11/22/2010 15:33 (#1448141)
Subject: WIU Cover Crop Innovator profiles

Hello folks,

the students in my Soil Fertility class are currently working on updating the Cover Crop Innovator profiles that were written by students in 2008.

if you are unfamiliar with the WIU Cover Crop Innovator project, in the fall of 2008, I paired up each student in my Soil Fertility class with a farmer in the Midwest region (IA, IL, IN, OH and MI) with multiple years of experience with cover crops... the students interviewed the farmers and wrote 1-2 page cover crop innovator profiles which can be accessed at the following link: http://www.mccc.msu.edu/innovators.html

Another set of ~ 40 profiles was written last year but have not been added to the web.

This fall, a few students are interviewing new farmers but most are filling in missing info (e.g., seeding rates, planting methods, costs...) and adding info about new developments on the farms profiled in 2008.

If you have ever looked at the CCI profiles and have any suggestions (general or specific) on how to make them better (i.e., more useful to you or other farmers/ag professionals), please let me know on-list or off ([email protected]).

Lots of things could be added to the profiles such as more detailed management info, more photos, audio clips, contact info for farmers that are open to being contacted...

I am also interested in knowing how this project has impacted networking/information sharing between farmers.

I would like to know if any readers of the profiles contacted profiled farmers with questions? I have only shared contact info for the profiled farmers upon special request.

Joel
WIU Agriculture

Edited by jbgruver 11/23/2010 08:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)