AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

logging attributes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chuckster
Posted 3/27/2007 12:10 (#126389)
Subject: logging attributes

Where Lewis and Clark finished the rum
I spend a lot of time in a sprayer, seeder, airflow etc partly because I like it, but partly because it gives me a good opportunity to see what's going on in the field - weeds, rocks, etc. I was real excited when I got my first data logger - an RDS Hermes unit that I could hook to a gps and mark stuff with in the field. It just logged points wherever I went and I was able to mark up to 32 different conditions on the go, just by flipping 5 different switches on and off. I still use them a little, but the last three years I've used Guidemate/Sitemate and been able to mark up to 8 attributes. It now appears as though I can't do that with GM anymore, and so I'm looking for something that will log data points and let me be the transducer and flip switches based upon what I see. What would be really cool is to have a real time display of those attributes, but I have lived 10 years without it, so I guess I can continue.

Any suggestions - I know there's some pretty fancy stuff out there - Deere, Viper, Insight etc, but it sure seems it ought not take 4 - 10K to do this simple task. I already have assissted steering and guidance, so I don't need to duplicate those efforts.

It just seems that everyone is interested in guidance, steering, transducers and controllers, but not many are interested in helping what might be the best transducer in the field - a pair of human eyes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)