AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do I get gps speed to my Insight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 3/23/2007 21:56 (#124555)
Subject: How do I get gps speed to my Insight?

South Central Nebraska

Ok here's the deal. I just bought a 5100 receiver so I could run omnistar with my ezguide/ezsteer. But AgLeader failed to tell me that in order to get a speed signal from the 5100 to the Insight I needed another cable to plug into port B. Of course that means getting another cable from them which is no easy feat these days. In talking to my dealer he said I could use my old receiver and then use the 9 pin port on the ezguide to hook to the Insight. That should be easy enough, but the only place that I could see to plug into the Insight was into the wiring harness that goes to the implement cable. Only problem is the 9 pin connector was a female end instead of a male. So I got an adaptor to make it fit, but apparently that is the wrong place to connect to because it blew my 5 amp fuse as soon as I tried to turn the Insight on. What am I missing and how the heck do I get my speed from my ezguide to my Insight?

p.s. After thinking about my problem I realize that not only do I not have speed but the Insight doesn't even know where it is at for mapping and auto swath control because it is not connected to the receiver. I can't seem to find any info in either the Insight, or ezguide plus manual on how to connect the two.

Edited by notill89 3/23/2007 23:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)