AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glypo and Rain question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/26/2010 14:23 (#1214673)
Subject: Glypo and Rain question

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I appreciate all the responses to my glypho and water % question below. A lot of good information there.

Well I finally got my corn sprayed the other afternoon - 2 qts in 15 gal/a water + a few pounds of AMS/a. 

This was about the best I could do with the tips and other variables I had to deal with. (Why is it that every time you go to use a piece of equipment used just once or twice a year something is broken or missing???)

New question: I was very pleased with the spraying job and completed about 3 pm (my target based on the time of day/effectiveness data) on a warm, sunny afternoon.  There was little to no chance of rain for the next few days.

However at 7 am the next morning I got dumped on with a thunderstorm and 85 hundreths falling in about an hour.

What sort of effectiveness is the glypho spray likely to have with this rain less than 24 hrs after spraying?

The weeds were mostly larger. Corn is about 3-4" high. Fairly clear in the strip yet but lots of weeds in the middles. Likely to need a second spray?

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 5/26/2010 14:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)