AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two Raven Viper PRO questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 5/22/2010 23:11 (#1210403)
Subject: Two Raven Viper PRO questions

Iowa
Today I was working with a....
Viper PRO
SlingShot
Phoenix 300
SmartSteer 3D
....in a 4430 Deere tractor pulling a dry fertilizer spreader. The spreader is ground drive so the Viper PRO is not doing any product control; strictly steering/guidance control.

Question 1-
I absolutely cannot get the Viper PRO to create a coverage map. Everything is working flawless except for logging coverage data. I do not have an external switch wired in and prefer not to have to. I have flipped through the Viper PRO manual at least 3 times and while I'm probably just not seeing it, I do not see anything referencing to logging coverage data when strictly in a guidance/steering mode. I am sure it is a fundamental setup point somewhere that I am missing.

Question 2-
I have never spent much time directly working with the A-B line management in Raven products until today. What is the simplest way to pull an implement of X width, and then come back directly over those passes with another implement of 2X width? More specifically, the dry fertilizer spreader I was working with spreads 12 feet and the planter will be 24 feet.

Thank you.

Edited by Jacob Bolson 5/22/2010 23:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)