AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer Tank Cleaning Question Again ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 5/20/2010 08:29 (#1206757)
Subject: Sprayer Tank Cleaning Question Again ?

Isorry to bring this back up, but can you clean up a sprayer that last year had 2-4D in first, then later roundup in it spraying corn good enough to spray tobacco ground with herbicles before setting tobacco. I was told I could use a quart of household ammonia, and gallon of bleach in it and full it full of water, let it setfor a day, then run it through the lines to clean then. It a 110 gallon three point hitch sprayer I use in the past to spray tobacco ground with, hadn't use it in tobacco for couple of years for that (had borrow a neighbor sprayer John Blue pull sprayer, it tried up now) purpose and use it to spray corn with roundup and few field with 2-4D in it. Can I get it clean enough using this to clean with plus some tank cleaner or something else you recommend to clean with so it be clean enough to spray tobacco herbicles on the ground with no harm tobacco that set in that ground. Or is that not possible. The tank is poly and lines rubber, pump is a roller pump. I hear that cotton is like tobacco, got be careful what you spray around it. Not many tobacco growers left around me for me to borrow a sprayer from. Just need to spray four more acres and I be done setting. I got a one-arm boom sprayer that I use to spray for insects and sucker control after I top it. Just need to spray for preplant the ground now. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)