AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem with IH 800 plate planter.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 5/15/2010 21:51 (#1201185)
Subject: Problem with IH 800 plate planter.

Owensville, MO
I have a 4-row narrow 800 plate planter that I used to plant my beans with last year. I bought new plates for it,(489112R1) put them in, adjusted the gears to get the population I wanted and planted. I planted over 100 acres with it and never had a single problem. When I was done I took off the boxes and put them in the shed and parked the planter.

I have a buddy who wanted to use it to pull behind his cyclo as a splitter planter this year so we took the boxes out of the shed put them on the planter and put some seed in and took off and now the plates are binding up and quit turning. If I take the box off and turn it upside down I can spin the plate freely. turn it back over with just a couple handfuls of seed in it and it will bind up almost immediatly when you try to spin it. I used untreated seed last year and he is using treated seed so I thought that was the problem. went and got some untreated seed and same thing. Seems like the seed is binding betwwn the plate and the steel hold down on the bottom. if you pull it and force it to keep going the plate will ride up over the seed and wedge seed between the plate and the hold down. eventually it just starts grinding the seed up and slipping the drive clutch in front. takes a lot of force to do that as it has to bend the edge of the plate up to get under there.

Ideas?

Joe

(DSCN9862.JPG)

(DSCN9863.JPG)

(DSCN9861.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN9862.JPG (71KB - 248 downloads)
Attachments DSCN9863.JPG (76KB - 247 downloads)
Attachments DSCN9861.JPG (72KB - 229 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)