AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How high of hours on combine would scare you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 5/10/2010 22:37 (#1193554)
Subject: How high of hours on combine would scare you?

Saronville NE
Still kinda shopping for a combine, still on the fence wether to pull the trigger or not, but want to get your opnion on this, I allready have Brads (Thanks by the way nice visit the other day). Been looking at 1680, 1688, 2188, all have 4-5k engine hours on them. The one Im leaning to right now is a friends 2188, he bought it new in 97 and has been ran thru CIH shop where they bought it new every yr since they have owned it and anything that needs fixed gets fixed, no holds barred, very little downtime during harvest. Anyways it has 48-4900 engine hours and 37-3800 sep hours, well with the high hours they dont want to give him much at all, and I can buy it ( I think) for the price they are giving him for trade or what he is telling me presently and it is about the same price as what the dealers are asking out of the older 1600 series. It has duals, ag leader yield monitor, and has had alot of major work done in the past 3 yrs. Would the hours scare you? Would be covering about 1k acres a year with it corn and beans, he is presently covering about 2k a yr with it. Give me your thoughts. TIA

Edited by ahay68979 5/10/2010 22:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)