AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New one on me......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/7/2010 18:20 (#1189310)
Subject: New one on me......

SWOH
I custom sprayed part of a 14 acre field last night that was getting pretty hairy with winter annuals. My sister called me today and said a lady called this afternoon and said her ducks were dying after I sprayed her field yesterday so she wanted to know what I sprayed. 3 oz Sonic, 2/3 pt E99 (6 # 24D), 48 oz Cornerstone Plus (generic gly), dry AMS, and 1/2 qt of SuperB (crop oil). So me and my dad went over to talk to her a little bit ago and her husband blew up at me for killing their ducks. The ducks were walking through it last night after I left and now their dead. And apparently a couple of years ago according to him I killed one of his neighbors horses when I was spraying (news to me). The guy was irrate and wasn't going to listen to a thing we said so I told him what I had sprayed and left. I did this for a neighbor who has rented this ground for at least 5 or 6 years but the woman's daughter lives there now. Me and dad do have our custom applicators license and insurance. I've sprayed it before but I didn't last year, the co-op did and apparently they killed part of his garden (organic garden), which the guy also blamed me for. Except he didn't tell my neighbor that until this spring. This isn't the first time this year the guy has gone off on me. I started to spray it a couple of weeks ago when the wind was right (3 mph out of the northeast, garden is in the northeast corner) and I did the outside pass and then started on my first pass and the guy came out and stopped me and told me I wasn't supposed to be there when it was windy (which my neighbor never told me). I tried to explain to him that it was perfect conditions to not get his garden. He blew up at me so I left. Talked to neighbor and he went over to talk to the guy. Talked to my neighbor yesterday and he told me to go spray it. So I did another pass last night (on the opposite side of the field of the house. The guy's wife (she's a little less hot headed) flagged me down and told me I wasn't supposed to be there because they had decided they were going to find somebody else to organically farm it. I said ok and told her she better let my neighbor know because he thought he was still renting it. I asked her if any of her garden died from the first time I was there and she said no. She was nice about it. Today when I was there the guy told me I had been trespassing the night before. So I talked to my neighbor today and he said they hadn't told him he wasn't renting it anymore. He doesn't have a written contract with them and he hasn't paid them any rent yet. But they had a verbal agreement last fall and he had already put on fertilizer so know he's out that. I'd really rather not be in the middle of whatever my neighbor and this guy have going on. My thought is the guy thinks he can get some money out of the whole deal, or since he has an organic garden maybe he just assumes that pesticides kill everything, I don't know. So 2 questions: What's the chances I really killed his ducks and does the guy have a case legally about me trespassing when I didn't know I was trespassing? I'd almost think this whole thing was funny, if it involved somebody other than me.......

Edited by boa628 5/7/2010 23:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)