AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cruiser & singulations,multiples & skips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/24/2010 13:59 (#1172618)
Subject: Cruiser & singulations,multiples & skips

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
The Cruiser post below on soybeans made me think of an interesting fact I found out the other day. I got the PP Seed Sense with all new PP corn meters & found that corn seed coated with Cruiser does NOT plant near as good as non treated seed. I had have been planting non- cruiser corn on close to 150 acres & switched to 6 rows Cruiser/6 rows non. The singulations dropped immediately from 97-99%down to 92-94%on the Cruiser side. Multiples & skips jumped from .05% to 3 & 4%. I was up & down of the tractor um-teen times trying to get the brushes set right but couldn't get it any better no matter what setting I put it on. I talked with my PP dealer the next day & he said that if you look at Cruiser under a magnifying glass it looks like sand paper & that was my problem. Any body else out there see the same thing I did with your PP monitor? I know I will never have Cruiser on my seed corn again. By the way the PP Seed Sense is an amazing monitor when it works. I have had some issues with it & still don't have all the bugs worked out yet.

Edited by IOWAMARK 4/24/2010 14:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)